Saturday 28 March 2020

DAY 8 HAS IT COME TO THIS?

I have become seriously domesticated and careful. I have now been wearing a mask for one month and actually have never felt better. Of course it is not full proof but I can feel the difference.
I was up early at the butchers which thank goodness are still open in London. Standing outside Waitrose on the Kings Road is a very slow process.  This beautiful weather feels good. Boots do not believe Make Up is a necessity? What a world we are becoming?

This life has become our reality, with little real communication.  Harvey Weinstein is in prison and Julian Assange too. The world is suffering. Is this fake or real? I sometimes think I am living in 
a Television Series.

Our Prime Minister has the Virus and his Minister's too. I thought the End of the World would be a Nuclear war but it is a Virus. I have stocked up, I have washed myself in Dettol. With lots of people compromised either mentally, with the virus or financially, this will have horrific consequences for years to come. 1,000 people have now died and to think 3 weeks ago only 12 had. 
The only people that will like this are the real Wokes and yes we can hear the birds sing and its good not be woken up by aeroplanes every morning at 6am.

I love learning so have been watching the lessons on Masterclass and Harvard. In the afternoons I listen to classical concerts on line and speak all night to my friends on the Houseparty app. I even watched Celebs go Dating where the dates are much more attractive than the dreadful celebrities. Who cares about being jilted by  Z list TV stars who just about entered X factor. The gormless Joey Essex is attractive but monosyllabic It is time to bring back received pronunciation/ standard English and some class. Throw away the hooker look. The only person who speaks correctly is the charming Receptionist Tom Read-Wilson. For goodness sake the men sound like a whole lot of Yobs. The only person I agreed with was the American Jonathan Cheban who asked to meet somebody who shopped at Selfridges who did not speak with a cockney accent. What he wanted to say was he wanted somebody who was not common.  I loved that. What he was asking  was a well educated toff. I totally understand why Kim Kardashian loves him, but is he grand enough for someone who has been to school at Heathfield and Oxford I wonder? Political correctness has gone too far lets bring back dome snobbery and style, it never went away in some quarters thank goodness.

It all seems so facile when serious problems are occurring we need to support the Government and the NHS at the moment. We need courage to get ahead and help all the businesses once this has passed. The businesses give people jobs and hope. Yesterday I heard a story about ambulances in a London Hospital which were run by a mafia group of men. It sounds horrendous. They were using peoples car parking spaces and were very abusive.

People are at home in small flats with children and old people. Alone and coping but we need to help businesses too when things eventually return to normal. By the way why are builders allowed to continue to work at this time? It is a time to remember the past and make serious changes to our future.  We are all trying to do our bit. The clap for heroes was amazing. I filled out the form for the NHS. I am happy to help.

A little bit of glamour before the Virus.
Red carpet party at my house in Los Angeles at Devlin Place with Duggie Fields, Pam Hoggs
and Billy Zane. Brilliant Fashion Show I gave for Pam Hoggs around 2012.

Much love to you all..

No comments: