Monday 23 March 2020

LOCKDOWN NERVES

Four days into this lockdown I feel calmer in my own bed in Cheyne Walk.  I had hoped to find an hotel and stay in the countryside but my family wanted me back in London with them.
Cornwall was beautiful and Camelot Castle was sadly closing down due to the Government Regulations and COVID19.  The Castle is owned by the most eccentric political strategist of our time,  John  Mappin and his beautiful wife Irina who reign in Tintagel whilst flying the "Q" flag.   Artist Ted Stourton is in residence, his paintings of glittery butterflies and poppies are on every wall. King Arther's round table promises great hospitality and freedom of speech. This hotel would be the perfect backdrop for St Trinian's films which my Grandfather, Sidney Gilliat made. I can imagine the girls in mini skirts dancing through the corridors. It has photographs in the entrance of John Travolta and Tom Cruise and piano by Bluthner that plays with no pianist.  I slept in a four poster bed overlooking the sea and bridge newly built by the Julia and Hans Rausing Trust. I wanted to go over it but everything was closed.  I knew Julia through her sister Isabella Blow who was a good friend and sadly died.
I took two terrific walks along the rocky cliffs but you could feel the air of confusion as Lockdown was implemented.  With the end of term feeling I went back to London. A long drive for a two hour walk and to see some friends but worth it.



On the way home at 5am in the morning there were thousands of cars going to the countryside,
There is a lot of hatred,  I suggest everybody lockdown their Facebook and Instagram accounts. People are very nervous and ultra sensitive and think Londoners are selfish moving to their neighbourhood.

Back in London my friend Birgit Cunningham has started "Posh Prepers" to help people who are old and on their own in the Chelsea area.

I suggest all Chelsea girls carry a bottle of scent in their pocket incase they get attacked in the weeks to come. Very good for harmless but an effective sting/shock effect. Also a ballpoint pen. Keep lights on in your houses and flats. . Double lock at all times. Buy tinned vegetables and fruit for the house. You do not need to be greedy just sensible. Check your neighbours to see they are okay. Wear a mask and walk three feet away from anyone else before we get total lock down. A curfew would be a nightmare so be considerate. Fill up your car with petrol incase.

What drugs are they giving COVID19 patients? What tests are they using? It feels out of a film, is it a hoax? I love Piers Morgan he gives us all a masterpiece on hysteria.









No comments: