Sunday 1 October 2017

MASCULINE FEMININE DRESSING

Most girls examine themselves in the mirror on an hourly basis.  I grab my wrists and measure how much fat I need to lose. Not a day goes by when I don't think about the calories taken. I watch my weight but most of my body problems can be cured by underwear and a trip to the Mayr Clinic.  For a quick fix, my body  can be improved by a suit. I have always loved androgynous clothes. I can forget I  have curves and feel sharp and slick, in an elegant trouser suit, in ten minutes. The trouser suit has been fashionable for women off and on since the early 1930's and especially popular since 1967.  Slick back your hair with gel and pull back your shoulders. Stand tall. It is one of the most interesting looks. Considered intellectual in my mind by the well known Lesbian writer  Radclyffe Hall who wrote The Well of Loneliness. I  also like to eminate Marlene Dietrich dressed as a cabaret artist. Her strong look graced magazines and her style even today is rarely surpassed. Film coveted her with panache. I personally always wear a jacket a size smaller as this is more slimming, single breasted and I hardly ever wear it closed.  I wear trousers  a size larger as they look flattering on me so try for yourself. Today Madonna, Lady Gaga love this look and  Cara Delevigne embodies everything masculine giving her extra style. Her pretty tomboyish looks dressed in Saint Laurent one of my most favourite designers for the masculine feminine look. I have worn Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce and Gabbana, Marc Jacobs and adore dressing up. John Galliano created a coat that I totally adored and it gave me the look of the artful dodger. Then there are new designers like MOVA and the Caravan Club who have started designing delicious velvet suits.  All I need is a cigarette.



Girls who look good in Suits

Cara Delevingne
Victoria Grant
Trinny Woodall
Rushka Bergman
Tilda Swinton
Kate Moss
Rihanna
Emma Watson
Anne Hathaway
Indiana Jeffreys













No comments: