Sunday 8 April 2012

A WEEK END WITH JESUS AND EVA

THE FINAL CURTAIN OF JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
I have had a whirlwind of a week end but so much fun. I flew to see Charlie my son in New York by Virgin Airways and could not have had a more comfortable time. I am staying in probably the best room in the whole of New York on Central Park West. The Art Deco Hotel called The Essex, part of the Jumeirah Group, My view looks in front to the park and then to the West overlooking the whole of the West side to the river. I am on the 39th Floor  and have just had an excellent stone massage in the spa,  life could not be better. The perfect place to spend Easter. 
I was lucky enough to be given some tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita.  A huge treat as  believe it or not had not seen them.  Jesus Christ Superstar bowled me over and if I wasn't a fan before, I am now. It was marvellous propaganda for the Church.  They should get Sir Tim Rice to rewrite the Bible, he knows how to tell a story.  An  exciting and passionate performance by Paul Nolan. There were people round the block waiting to get in to both shows. With music by Andrew Loyd Webber and words by Sir Tim  for both shows, you simply cannot go wrong. I would like to be the Producer.
Evita was a real showpiece, again a love story and I wanted to get up and sing and have tango lessons. Che played by Ricky Martin was given a huge applause before he even started. Elena Roger sang  as she should completely carrying the part of  bossy fragile Eva Peron. The Mistress was extremely pretty and she sang beautifully, played by Rachel Potter.  What is wonderful about these two musicals is that I know every word to them but the only drawback is I cannot get up and sing. I should have been a showgirl. 
VIEWS FROM THE 39TH FLOOR

No comments: