Thursday 23 June 2011

THE BFI, THE AWARD WINNING JUDY DENCH,BEEBON KIDRON AND THE ARTICULATE ADAM CURTIS

Rehearsed all day in the house running lines. It is so fun to see a play progress. Hairstyles, clothes movement all incorporated into this play add to it's excitement. I was rushed and forgot everything that I was meant to be doing concentrating entirely on the play. Justine Glenton is really a good actress and it is exciting watching the whole thing come together. With a struggle I made the BFI dinner last night, it was given to award Judy Dench for her contribution to film and theatre. I sat next to Beebon Kidron, she was a tour du force. Having directed Brigitte Jones's diary and some incredible documentaries. I ran home and half watched her collection last night, one on Indian girls which was so moving that I could not sleep. Haunting and terrible these poor girls go through hell. On the the other side of me sat the brilliant and creative Adam Curtis, who was feisty and argumentative. I think he was very irritated. How could he not be? I am everything he thinks he hates, yet doesn't. In any case he makes the sort of television I can actually watch, Oh Dearies... etc. Actually from finding him patronising I am now his biggest fan. As I could not sleep I nagged Charles my eldest son to come and talk to me at 2am. Luckily he was still awake. There is nothing on the planet better than talking with my boys. I find their youthful clean brains truly enlightening.

No comments: