Wednesday 4 August 2010

DON'T LET ME BECOME A MAN





Come thou spirits
...that tend on mortal thoughts! unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe top full
Of direst cruelty; make thick my blood,
Stop up the access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of nature
Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between
The effect and it!

(Macbeth, 1.5.38)

I swear I am changing sex. I am doing up my house and it is making me turn into a man. I am starting to bargain, banter, argue, compromise, which is a huge rarity. I intend to move into my house on the 11th September come what may. I am determined to sleep in my bed, however imperfect and enjoy my life in heavenly solitude albeit the plumber or electrician may not have finished their work. The discomfort of renting, and the Estate Agents is too much. I want to be able to go home and not have the door bell ringing every five minutes. So do forgive me if I am a little hairy, I am trying to take my boots off.

No comments: