Wednesday 4 August 2010

I SHALL BE NORMA DESMOND MIXED WITH A DASH OF FRENCH FRENCH MAID










I have to sneak out of the house in order to see clothes. One more jacket on my rack and I think Aida my adorable housekeeper will explode. I just love it and can never resist Fall Fashion. This year is no exception. Luckily I had an excuse of dressing a friends daughter.

First I sauntered down an empty Sloane Street, nobody there, thank goodness for August. I went into Dolce and Gabbana, Alberta Ferretti, YSL and fell in love all over the place. There was a chiffon dress in Alberta, an A line dress in black wool in Dolce, and YSL had an amazing black grecian dress with a gold necklace. I was on a deadline to my house in Cheyne Walk which I am doing up so literally tried things on and ran. The good thing is we shall look like women this season. A mixture of tea dresses and Norma Desmond with a dash of french maid. Thank goodness for the humour and talent of all these designers.
I love Galliano's sense of the absurd, silky bloomers with a coat for Dior, Karl Largerfeld's beautiful white dress with fringe worn with furry boots at Chanel. I can see it all now with the pretty dresses at Top Shop of Kate Moss's pretty line. Top Shop yesterday was incredible it had copied the boots of Givenchy and Prada at a quarter of the price.

I was also happy to see the opening of Genlux.Com on line. It is a very good website which we will all be updating the whole time.

All will be topped off with my amazing Vedura bracelet as I attempt a 1950's glamour.

No comments: