Walking through Hyde Park to go to the swings last week, I got a terrible shock: paper cups, dog shit, pieces of paper, bits of left over picnics littered the beautiful park. What is happening, has nobody any standards? We have become a race of users and abusers.
I am buying a sailing boat and intend to go round the world instead of joining in this yobbo culture. Of course there are only a few people who ruin it for the rest of us, but those few are a general nuisance.
My betes noirs
1. If you drop a bottle pick it up.
2. Don't stub a cigarette out in a pot of flowers.
3. Always say thank you to people that help you.
4. Always pay your debits on time and assume them if you have incurred them.
5. Don't use the car all the time.
6. Don't steal out of people's fridges without asking beforehand.
7. Send flowers.
8. Pick up dog mess
9. Try not to repeat gossip, unless you know for a fact it is true.
10. Don't use blackmail as a means to get what you want.
11. Don't go to the loo in the swimming pool.
12. Don't spit chewing gum on the pavement