Monday 30 December 2019

FROM THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE.

Life has changed so dramatically in 50 years. When I was young I had to wait  for a reply to a letter which now is replied to within seconds. Telephones were used after 6pm when it was cheaper now we are on portable ones all day long.  We were very appreciative of everything due to The War, We darned our clothes, polished our shoes and we did not change our appointments. We were fast but did not have benefits of digital communication. I used cheque books and cash  not a plastic card.
I respect the past but I cannot live there.

This year Politics has kept us on the edge,  a few outsiders could go, Rachel Johnson did not stick by her brother and John Bercow did not stick by the Brexiteers and wasted 3 years. Extinction Rebellion were noisy and condone chaos and filth. Every time there is an election Westminster Bridge is targeted proving that stabbings are a non successful way to communicate.
Etiquette has diminished and terrorism has increased as has white collar crime.  World change, the year of the pig unearthed many dodgy practises.

For me sanity comes from art. Three years ago I made an art project with art director Tomas Auksas called Working Class which is being shown at The Paris Fashion Week 2020 me scrubbing and cleaning. I also did a sale with my furniture and clothes through The Swan Auction House which continues.  It is good to sieve my collection, clear some art as I do not have the space and manage my wardrobe.

The BBC are making  a programme on  real women in Chelsea among them Tracy Worcester and Alison Jackson who photographs Her Majesty The Queen in provocative poses outside betting offices and bathing her grandchildren. Tracy fights for pigs, making sure they  have happy lives. Tracy and I both fight the extradition of Julian Assange to the USA. We were interviewed by Mehreen Baig a teacher who has turned into a TV Presenter.

Then there was the election and fight for BREXIT which were bad for my nervous system. Good luck to Boris Johnson. Labour and Jeremy Corbyn are now busted flushes. Thank goodness we can save our Queen and country from Social Marxism, we have to reverse the trend.

By Alison Jackson     A cat fight Megan and Kate


My jaw was practically frozen but helped by the good news of a woman who saved my teeth at The Kensington BUPA dentist. She has brushed them up to last another decade with any luck.

Next year it is the Year of the Rat, fast and charming the rat won the race, of course with a little cheating but that should help the excitement ahead. May your dreams come true with a smile of course. I can't wait for the year ahead as I am a Rat too.


No comments: