Saturday 31 March 2018

EVERYTHING IS OKAY SOME THINGS ARE MORE OKAY THAN OTHERS

If British Vogue doesn't want segregation then why have they done this cover? Their objective is clearly misguided. Where are the redheads? There are redheads in caves of Tunisia?  Redheads are famous in Scotland, England and India. Where are the girls with blonde hair and blue eyes?  Where are the Jewish Girls? These girls look like they are waiting for a bus in Camden or in the Underground rather than looking like the new model line up, pretty girls for sure but nothing new.

The model is supposed to wear the fashion and not be the fashion. The Model is supposed to model the clothes so we can imagine us in them, it is not meant to be some political statement?. This is definitely newsworthy and political but is it going to shift merchandise and rejuvenate the flagging Vogue brand. There is after all nothing new about the Middle East buying couture, Harrods and Selfridges are full of the Middle East wearing designer clothes.  However, is this going to raise Vogue's stock market value? If we are going to be living in the modern world where are the muted genders? Why are we destroying our own culture it is not accurate.

I thought Vogue was a Fashion Magazine, a glossy fashion plate stimulating my credit card. Instead, they show a girl three stone overweight and the other girls look no better than the pretty girls at the makeup counter at Harrods. I thought Vogue was an aspirational magazine and I used to rush to buy it making sure that I was bang up to date? I used to look at the coats, the earrings, the skirt, the boots, now I have to look at girls saying look at me, acknowledge me? As a magazine and an avid fashionista, why would I copy these girls who have nothing to do with me. If I want to emulate any of these models, I can wait in line at the bus stop. We know the human being comes in all colours shapes and sizes. The fashionable woman is already switched on, and she does not need to be patronised. The demographics of England are slightly different than this implies, you cannot make an introduction by making an eradication. Do we all have to look like Green Peace lesbians? The clothes are ugly and uninviting. I was so looking forward to the new editor, and I am so underwhelmed and confused by the message and taste. Clearly, tits are out unless you are a lump of course. This new look may be a verbal statement, but it is not a visual one. When we are fed up with being invisible can we get some decent clothes out again? Clothes were meant to make ourselves look and feel better, more glamorous, and I would not want anything in Vogue at the moment and get into debt for what they are offering?  If they are going to do this to fashion, are they not murdering it? We buy clothes to make a statement, to make an entrance and to look good at work. To get a boyfriend, to get a lover, to attract a significant other. If there are no barriers why is there no man on the cover too?  In my opinion, this is just a watered down wishy-washy Benetton Advert, in fact, their adverts were much better than this they were original,  it's all been done before so "New Frontiers" looks out of date and politically correct without being appetising.  Can I remind everybody that burning bras just gave us a nation of sagging breasts? Iman and Naomi were so much more glamorous and interesting,  value for money, bring them back, what we need is aspiration, not drudgery, we want escapism, not political entrapment.  Australian Vogue got it right.




No comments: