Sunday 24 January 2016

SOFIA DIMITROVA Photographs by Amanda Jane Eliasch, with Make Up by Emma Obyrne, Hair by Natalia Souza, styled by Amanda Jane Eliasch. Artfully and wickedly worked with Inesa and Barrington de la Roche


I have wanted to take photographs of Sofia Dimitrova for many years. Her abilities are far reaching from Singing to Cooking, she reminds me of another time. Her enthusiasm to play and dress up in character for each shot was so invigorating. Equally fun was working with Inesa and Barrington de la Roche from The Dark Theatre,  Emma O'byrnne who did the make up, and Natalia Souza who did  hair inspired by opera singer Maria Callas, actress Rita Heyworth and artiste Dita Von Teese who once danced with a huge glass in my garden in Beverly Hills for the launch of my photographic book Cloak and Dagger Butterfly.
Two months ago I travelled to Vana to hear Sofia sing in her native town in Bulgaria.
She and my son Charles Eliasch sang beautifully together a huge repertoire from Cole Porter
to Mefistofele by Arrigo Boito.








SOFIA DIMITROVA SINGING

PHOTOGRAPHS BY INESA DE LA ROCHE FOLLOW



No comments: