Monday 16 November 2015

LADY IN RED


I feel like wearing red. It signifies Scarlett o'hara, love, passion, an Indian wedding dress and brings up the memories of that fabulous song "Lady in Red" and then there is nothing like a  red swimsuit on the beach. I probably won't wear one, but a satin red dress, slashed to the waist is damn sexy.  I am not into red or white shoes which for me are a little tacky.  I love red lipstick and red dresses only, they give you that feeling of making a dashing entrance. I also love my girl friends that dare to wear red lipstick, you know they have character.  I love lipsticks by Joan Collins, Charlotte Tilbury and Chanel, and Nar's make incredible fat pencils that are quick to repair your lips.  To be remembered always make a big entrance and a very small exit, and the "red" dress is perfect for this.  I never say good bye to anyone, just leave, I always see a little disappointment in a party givers face as you say you are leaving,  a hint of insecurity in the hostesses face as she checks to see if you enjoyed yourself. The truth is she need not worry I always enjoy myself even if I leave after five minutes which I often do.  I just leave when the feeling comes over me, and when  I have spoken to the people I love, and met some that I did not know. I have lived the life with a lucky star without the insecurity of being one.

Vivien Leigh as Scarlett o'hara in Gone with the Wind

I read this morning that the Dalai Lama suggested we should all start loving and do acts of kindness. That the earth needed healing. I quite agree with this. There were too many successful people and actually the world needs to think holistically. Luckily the Dali Lama surrounds himself with the colour red.
Rosamund Pyke

Red is the colour of love, envy, blood, passion. It also means over drawn at the bank, caught "red" handed, a communist, Red Indian for American Indians and the red-light district signifies strip
 joints. The Red Cross and Tinder, so many conflicting things. It shows you have panache with a daring outrageous side. I like it. I like to be outspoken.
This week I went to a party at the Petersham Nursery in Richmond and the hostess was wearing a full red dress by Zac Posen. I looked around the room and although everybody was well dressed, only the red dresses stuck in my memory. There was a beautiful satin red dress with ties at the back.
Here Audrey Hepburn looks glamorous as she stands on some steps in Paris.

Audrey Hepburn


As outgoing as I am, I can be shy and a red dress  would give me new confidence I am sure.
Pamela Anderson Famous red swimsuit.

Kendall Jenner




WELL CUT RED DRESSES

Alexander Mcqueen
Tom Ford
Valentino
Versace

The cheaper versions are good too
Sandro
Maje

RED LIPSTICK

There are so many really good ones now
I use
Joan Collins's Amanda
Nars
Chanel
Charlotte Tilbury



TOP TEN GIRLS WHO DARE TO WEAR RED

Pixie Lott
Rosamund Pike
Kendall Jenner
Naomi Harris
Victoria Beckham
Courtney Cox
J-Lo
Reece Witherspoon
Kate Winslett
Phoebie Saatchi


1 comment:

Pete Cater said...

Nice post, it never crossed my mind that you might be shy! x