Sunday 14 September 2014

FLOWER POWER PEACE MOBS and the clean lines for a contemporary future.

EMILIA WICKSTEAD clean pure flattering lines
We are at war, that is for sure, and the fashion world from New York to London are combatting this feeling with  'love and peace' using scattered flowers.  It reminds me of a thrift shop ready for the festival party life of 2015.  Anything to get our minds off  the guns, the men in black, the disease, faraway in the Middle East. The fashion world is closing its eyes to the misery and is getting relief from the trivial, the boho chic, the thrift shops, the flower power peace mobs. It is luckily split, clean lines are there thank goodness, as I am a punk nun.  Only a few designers can be turned into that. I love the new designs of Emilia Wickstead, David Koma, Amanda Wakeley, Alexander Wang, Temperley and the new look of Mary Katranzou. These are the designers I personally prefer.
I never liked boho, when I was seven my mother dressed me as a hippy for a party, I was furious I wanted to be a nurse. She put me screaming and shouting in brown bell bottoms, a flower power shirt, and bought a huge oversized sun flower. I was furious.  For all the young girls out there, I promise you that your grandmother has all the kit, the hot pants, the long flowing jackets with flowers, the ethnic tops in the back of her wardrobe. You will get the look without spending a dime.

MARY KATRANZOU's new look, gone are the all over patterns.

ANNA SUI
Alice Temperley
Clean clean wearable lines of David Koma

House of Holland
Marchesa the ethereal bride.
Clearn lines of Alexander Wang





No comments: