Friday 30 May 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUNTESS MARINA CICOGNA

I know I am in the right place when my favourite shoe designer,  Christian Louboutin casually grabs my camera to take a photograph of me, I had the luck to be invited to Rome for a birthday.

Below the Spanish steps I feel I am in fairy land, the carriages, the horses, the house of Shelley Keats and Byron, you can find the real Rome. The souls of the wandering giants of the romantic period. I love staying  at the Hotel Russie. I have been here so many times. This time I am here for a friend, The Countess Marina Cicogna,  an enigmatic beautiful woman who lives her life according to her own rule book.  Born into the lap of luxury she paved a path for herself that most women would like to have. A photographer, model for Bruce Weber and a Producer, her life is a life worthy of recognition and support. I met her last year when I won Best most imaginative Art Documentary Drama for my film The gun the cake and the butterfly at Ischia Film and Music Festival. Her life long partner, Bernadetta Cicogna was there for her on the three days of parties. Attached is the WMagazine Article which does her justice.


 I  felt  encouraged to linger in this most stunning place steeped in history. There is so much to do here, that three days makes me feel like I am in a spin dryer. Several parties were given for her, a lunch at the Hotel Russie by Film Festival host Pascal Vicedomini, a dinner in a beautiful

PASCAL VICEDOMINI AND NANCY DELL'OLIO

 house slightly outside Rome, where Valentino sung Happy birthday and I sat next door to the best flautist in the world Andrea Griminelli played some musical hits from Carmen and The mission on a gold flute with total panache.
HANDSOME EMANUELE FILEBETO, PRINCE OF VENICE, MARINA CICOGNA AND CALVIN KLEIN
Cornelia Guest wore a stunning lilac dress from Oscar de la Renta as did Wendy Stark. I have had so much fun with Cornelia in the past and it was terrific luck that she was there. We laughed all night. She reminded me of all my past craziness.
 Marina Cicogna wore a  ravishing midnight Valentino dress to the floor surrounded by her friends, among them Calvin Klein and the Prince of Venice.
I wore Moschino. A little underdressed at night. I do not like the bones of a floor length dress to stab me..

AMANDA ELIASCH  WEARING SAINT LAURENT WITH THE ARCHITECT FROM THE HOTEL DE RUSSIE,  TOMMASSO  ZIFFER AND WENDY STARK  

This morning I visited the Freda Kahlo exhibition which was interesting. I was told that she had done thirty paintings that were good, but I only  really knew two. So the last couple of days were educational and amusing.


AMANDA ELIASCH AND CORNELIA GUEST
MOSCHINO and OSCAR
VALENTINO ABOUT TO PERFORM

No comments: