Sunday 20 April 2014

COLOURFUL COACHELLA "I LIKE TO TRY THINGS THAT I ASSUME THAT I MIGHT NOT LIKE"

Sometimes you have to make yourself do things that you would normally not do. It can shift your life and make it vibrant.
I decided to go to Coachella, really my idea of hell. Loud electronic music, crowds of people, late nights, all for a subject I do not care about.  I can have pre conceived ideas that are totally wrong, but I couldn't miss an adventure, so I decided to put my feet in deep water.  With this in mind I arranged to go with a good friend. She was much more enthusiastic than I was in the beginning.  I felt I was about to go up for a dog show and win best in breed. Coachella had a feeling of a dog show in England. Huge stands all separate from each other, with different types of music  which miraculously did not interfere with the next door neighbours noise.
I wore long. I thought it would go from being too hot to too cold. I was right. I took a pair of tights in my bag and wore them. Last week in New York I bought a long dress from Norma Kamali which I loved and along with a Rick Owens fur I was warm yet cool when I needed to be. I had my hair in tight  curls which lasted all week end, with my Robert Clergerie shoes I felt no pain.Flower power crossed with a witches hat was all the rage at Coachella combined with pixie boots, butterflies, frayed shorts and round glasses.. I was in for a surprise it was incredible fun.

I read through the pocket book and discovered I actually new a few people performing. This made it all the more exciting. Nicole Moudaber, The Petshop Boys, Bryan Ferry, and I learnt a whole lot of new names and listened to music from MGMT, Queens of the  Stone Age,  Mugwai who totally made my whole week end.  This is the point in life, I must always stretch myself, and  in turn it produced a truly exhilarating two days that I will always treasure. I loved listening to beat of the music, totally alien to me, to join in the fun.
I bounced into bed last night, happy to relax into a deep sleep.
P.S I now know who Outkast is.



No comments: