Wednesday 22 January 2014

JANUARY 22nd FIRST POEM THIS YEAR

JANUARY 22nd 2014
How can I believe
Again
Anything told to me
How can I open a dusty old
Book
I need fresh clear thoughts
With little doubt
Again clean with naive expectation.
Time is meaningless
It exists only to keep order
The trees change colour
They darken then bloom
I pinch myself to feel anything
Again
I want to feel my cheeks kissed
Until they are pink
I want to see with love
What enters me
I want a clear image to remain
With me
I still remember my
Long lost love
I still remember the smell
Of him inside of me
I still remember his goodbye
I loved so fully
New pages 
Exist through a mist
Of previous sorrow
And I cannot hear
What is spoken.
I was told my eyes were sad
But I still smile
And one day my eyes will twinkle
Again like dust from the sun.



No comments: