Tuesday 22 October 2013

TO THE OSCARS WITH SAVING MR BANKS

I rushed home for the end of the London Film Festival hosted by the W hotel and American Express. I love the BFI and all they stand for. This is my favourite festival of all.
I  easily cry, I am an emotional creature trying to remain hard, but there is something about Saving Mr Banks which is so incredible for me that I am still thinking about it today. The portrayals by Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson are moving that Oscars surely await them?
My personal love of Mary Poppins started when I was five years old, crying through Camp Hobson's a shop at the back of the cinema in Newbury. I did not want it to end. Aged four or five, I could not believe a film could end.  I was told I was spoilt and ridiculous.  I wanted my mother to buy me a Barbie, a Thelwell pony, anything to alleviate the pain of this film ending. The film brings back memories, Let's all fly a kite, Just a spoon full of sugar, we all know the songs, and with each handkerchiefs and snuffles were muffled by laughter and the gorgeous feeling they brought back. John Lee Hancock has stirred up a wonderful childhood tear jerker to our screens, with no violence or  swearing. Showing Hollywood to be a discerning place full of compassion.
I don't want to tell the story, we all know it, I want everybody to see the best film for me this year.

Last night I was given a wonderful lecture and opportunity to show my film at www.theotherclub.co.uk.  Full of intelligent women I was grilled about The gun the cake and the butterfly. What it meant? How long did it take to make etc.
With everybody cheering me on, and criticising me too, in equal portions I knew I was at home in London, where to be totally positive is a Californian trait.
All love to Katie Glass for organising it.
JUSTINE GLENTON READY FOR STARDOM IN HER RED SATIN GHOST  OSCAR DRESS

I also had time to pass by Joan Collins Party and get two copies of her new book "Passion for Life"
I am her best fan, who else would look so magnificent, with diamonds and black satin, beautifully fitting in The Westbury's new night club.
The first page tells it all "If you have got it, flaunt it" I also like the last bit of wisdom, "The more toadying gofers you have the quicker your coffers dry up"

JUSTINE GLENTON AMANDA ELIASCH AND JANE PROCTOR

No comments: