Tuesday 27 August 2013

LIFE IS GOOD

Sometimes I do not know where I am in the world, I am so upside down and last night I was accused of snoring, heavens above, there is something so animalistic and un lady like about the idea of anything louder than a purr in bed. I always remember my Uncle say to me "Never scream in bed, never make any sound and do not move" There I was apparently sounding like a farm yard animal. My friend Rushka Bergman was positively horrified.
PASCAL VICEDOMINI HEAD OF ISCHIA INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL
Anyway I am in Venice for the start of the Film Festival. I went to the airport early and felt like death all day.  I was dying to go to bed but could not. I instead made myself ready for the Italian Vogue Party with Masarati for James Franco and  artist Marina Abramavic. I had the luck to spend time with her and Rushka on a boat before the party. I have recently fallen in love with her work with Ulay, the stories of their break up and the video showing their positive affection after many years.
 Actually it felt like deja vu. Two years ago I paid for a party for an exhibition of James Franco and his buddies. A rather incredible affair on an island with Pablo Ganguli, Liberatum. A long walk of film and art.
 James this time of course did not turn up, but Marina was there, full of life and it did not matter at all. She held the reigns beautifully as did Franca Sozzani CEO of Vogue Italia.
LUCA STOPINI, RUSHKA BERGMAN, ALAN PRADA, AMANDA ELIASCH

We watched the exert of the film she was making about James's life. His sex life, his views, blood and gore, all in quick succession, a cartoon, of his feelings and thoughts. Actually I wanted to see a lot more of it so that was good. It was a rainy evening and I laughed all the way back with Natalya Souza and Pascal Vicedomini.  He makes me feel like family. Singing through the empty streets my voice hollow.

AMANDA ELIASCH, RUSHKA BERGMAN AND MARINA ABRAMOVIC
NATALYA SOUZA

No comments: