Saturday 15 June 2013

THE MOONFLOWER

I feel handicapped, slighted handcuffed. I hate not being able to open my AOL account but will have to wait. It is teaching me patience. It doesn't really matter. Who cares about the past, perhaps it is a good thing and aeratbag@aol.com is a thing of the past. There is an age when it is good to grow into your real name and give up a nickname. However, it is slowing me up. A good feeling,well hopefully?.

I went off today to see the restaurant Perservere 24, full of artefacts, clever ideas, pianos holding bottles of drinks, a can turned into a projector. I wanted to check that it is the perfect place to have an after party on Monday for my film at the NYCIFF. I wanted to see how long it would take from the cinema. In doing so I joined the 11th Brazilian Film Festival of New York and by accident and fluke I had a brilliant evening.  There was a film on a  wonderful artist, Margaret Mee, a free spirit who painted the plants of the rain forest. A woman educated at St Martins School and Camberwell she brought alive the hidden beauty of flowers which were rarely seen. Her passion for a flower called The Moonflower.
So touching and moving, this elegant woman fought for the world to take notice of what she saw. Directed by Maiu de Martino. Margaret was a visionary woman.
Obviously because of my ex husband's involvement with the Rain Forest, I wanted to see this film, it was inspirational.



No comments: