Saturday 25 May 2013

WAS IT ADAM OR EVE OR ELIZABETH 1st WITH MARLOWE, That is the question? ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE

Dramas at Heathrow Airport  caused me to help my friend Pablo Ganguli out today. On the top of the staircase 6 is a stunning balcony overlooking the bay of Cannes a wonderful party was hosted by Montblanc and Liberatum, famous for their cultural events .  We were fed delicious canapes with the smell of candles wafting through the room. It was for the opening Jim Jarmusch's film "Only lovers left alive"starring Tilda Swinton.
JIM JARMUSCH
We all need love, but the problem with this world is the lack of integrity and the inability to forgive, or be honest. If you don't like something you have to say it, evan if you dress it up as something else.

Only lovers left alive is visually beautiful, with a brilliant opening scene spiralling down to the cast, with some interesting moments and some clever creative ideas. the film tells the story of Adam and Eve having a glass of negative O with Marlowe, the writer. Some wonderful music and a killing.  Made by Hanway Films and my favourite Jeremy Thomas. There is something so endearing about this man that when his credit popped up I was surprised he wasn't cheered more, after all he was paying for the film. Without financing sorted out from people like this, there would be few poetic films made. So if the audience can't cheer him on, I do.
TILDA SWINTON
I am also ashamed to say I do not know the work of  Jim Jarmusch well enough, but apparently people faint over meeting him. So I shall busy myself when I get home and `have the pleasure of seeing some of his other films.
This one needs a little fine editing. Despite the fascinating story it drags, I like to be honest  I would get a large pair of scissors and cut twenty minutes out of it. Why would anybody wish to spoil very good moments, but who am I to say anything? I just needed to sleep and eat as I have been up for ten days with little kip?. Anyway vampires and Marlowe should make a good story.



Liberatum in association with Montblanc  hosted a special event and dinner to 
celebrate the world premiere of Jim Jarmusch's film Only Lovers Left Alive at 
the 66th Cannes Film Festival, last night . Cannes' Palme d'Or winning 
director Jim Jarmusch, Academy Award winning actress Tilda Swinton, BAFTA 
nominated actor Tom Hiddleston, Academy Award nominated, Golden Globe and BAFTA 
winning actor John Hurt, Academy Award winning producer Jeremy Thomas, fashion 
designer Haider Ackermann and many others  attended the celebration at the 
Palais des Festivals.

No comments: