Wednesday 10 October 2012

CATS AND DOGS ARE OUT: LONDON IS NEVER DULL AND IN A NIGHT I SAW MOST OF MY FRIENDS

London is  a whirlwind.  Never a dull moment. I long for bed and peace and yet I have a full house. Luckily I have some of my greatest friends staying. Roseanne de Pampelone and Kay Saatchi who have just dropped in for Frieze. The artworld is busy.  So changed from the early days.  Dogs and Cats are out.  It seems everybody is a collector.  All thanks to Charles Saatchi and his gang who have promoted the world.


TIM NOBLE AND SUE WEBSTER SHADOWS OF THEMSELVES
Fashion is still fabulous and last night I dropped in to Roger Vivier and snapped up a stunning simple black patent belt.  All the glamorous were there, Livia Firth, Jeanne Marine, Allegra and Angelica Hicks and the wonderful Allegra Donne.  I want to wear the simple with a twist style. The shoes and belts are stunning and make you look stylish.
I then went to my favourite artists Tim Noble and Sue Webster who in a way are like family.  They used to stay with me every year in The South of France, and without them it would not have been the same. They were also incredibly generous helping me to do my Art book, British Artists At Work. I consider them to be true friends.  I also love their work. It speaks for itself.  All the fashionable artists were there, and loads of people lined the streets at Blain southern's new gallery in Hanover Square. It was so chic.  Huge spaces newly designed did justice to their work. I loved the shadow of the Artists against the wall and a huge neon sign saying Forever. Indeed it is.
JOANA VASCONCELOS
I had to rush as I had been asked to Joana Vasconcelos's show at the Haunch of Venison. Again in new offices on New Bond Street. She celebrated the Queen's Jubilee saying she was the greatest living monarch creating a huge crazy playground of colour, crowns, toys and snakes.  A dream for any child, Last year I bought a piece from her.
Lastly I went to the strangest party of all at The Ritz, where fifty or so Middle Eastern gentlemen sat with dyed black hair for the Aston Martin party. Nobody English was there except High50's Tim Willis who looked totally out of place in the 1950's gambling hall full of Sheiks and Indians with turbans. I suppose they are the only people who can afford the car.
We then had a quick dinner at the Wolsey thanks to the generosity of Kay Saatchi, who feels truly like my Mummy.

No comments: