Thursday 11 October 2012

FRIEZE AND CO ARE STILL HOT

 London is incredible tonight,  I have twenty events and it is so overwhelming that I am going to stay in. I am in a spin, all this air kissing makes me feel very superficial. I shall miss the black jacket Chanel Party and a several others as there are just too many parties every week. Of course I love them but how can you do them all?
GED QUINN
Frieze, London's great art show was huge, and the Saatchi's are of course to be congratulated. They started it all. As the buzz grows every gallery seems to bursting with new collectors from every part of the world. The prices have gone up too of course. Luckily I did not fall in love, and lucky too that I have no more wall space. Selling my wonderful art studio in Paris, that once belonged to Tamara de Lempicka  means much of the art will be coming back to London. I did however like the Ged Quinn's as usual. Yummy pictures of cherry cakes in the style of old Dutch paintings. I first saw his work in Liverpool, and I like it more and more. 
LOVE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING 

Frieze Masters was the talk of the town though with people flying in from America to buy a Picasso or two.  So much glamour and so much celebrating. 
I managed to go to the opening of the London Film Festival and had the finest placement sitting between  Jeff Berger and Charles Layton who were interesting as they talked film and nonsense.  The BFI is an incredible organisation and the festival avant guard, I am going to most of the hot films this year.
There was also the incredible Steven Meisel photographic show that I was invited to by Belle Cannon. I fell in love with photographs of Naomi Campbell.  My happiest moment though was eating an apple in the bedroom with Kay Saatchi who I found tucked up in bed when I got home.  She had been to thirty shows.
FREE THE DOVES TO GET LOVE
Today I continued filming. I had fun with a heart, some doves and a dishy man. This was all before midday.

No comments: