Thursday 20 September 2012

I HAVE GREAT EXPECTATIONS, DON'T THINK YOU CAN PULL THE WOOL OVER MY EYES

People think I am malleable because I am happy and okay financially.  They think they can pull the wool over my eyes. They think they can take my money, muck me about, do a shitty job, and that I will continue to support them.





 The builder chose not to build things well and did not put in a damp proof course where water was pouring in.  If I get cross it is because their behaviour was not professional.  Through each experience I have learnt to be stronger  and now I have found a better builder, talented DP and a much better editor. The motto is "Never think you cannot be replaced in life".  There are six billion people on the planet.  








BEAUTIFUL MIMI DEAN WITH ME

Luckily water coming through my ceiling and a lazy cameraman,  does not alter the fun I have in life. I was asked by the BFI and Amanda Nevill to see an early screening of Great Expectations at the stunning Bulgari Hotel in Knightsbridge. Directed by Mike Newell this is a magnificent portrayal of Charles Dicken's greatest novel.  I loved Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham.  Eccentric and ravishing to look at, the BFI, were among investors rescuing this wonderful remake. With Ralph Fiennes, Jeremy Irvine, Stephen Woolley you cannot go wrong.  There was then a dinner and a very revealing and fascinating talk given by the director about making of the film. 

So much made me think about the people trying to be tricky with me. It feels the same as building a house. As producer, director, writer and actress you understand everything. Three people on the film took advantage of my good nature.  I can imagine what it was like to make Great Expectations.. All spongers and layabouts out there stay away.

Yesterday I did some more shooting for the film. My lovely actress Mimi Dean aged five will be leaving the country soon and I wanted to get a few more days in before she leaves for her new life. Talented and funny she was ideal casting.

No comments: