Tuesday 21 August 2012

TWO TALENTED BROTHERS, TONY AND RIDLEY SCOTT, GOODBYE TONY

TOP GUN DIES

What would I do if I was told by my Doctor that I was going to have some gruesome end to my life? I hate hospitals, so probably I would do something similar to Tony Scott yesterday,  although the exact cause of death will be unknown for a few weeks.  Tony Scott and his brother, Ridley were two talented boys from the North of England, Tony finished his degree at The Royal College of Arts and with a passion for dare devil sports, rock climbing and fast cars he went to Hollywood to make some of the most popular films in the last four  thirty years.  Running a film company, with his brother Ridley known as Scott Free Productions.  Top Gun,  was his huge hit which made the studio over one hundred and seventy nine million dollars, Beverly Hills Cop 11 was another , True Romance and Enemy of the State, popular films for audiences, may be not critics, but who cares? He was a huge success.   I was sitting with Peter Medak last night and David Korda having dinner last night and they were truly upset, clearly he will be sadly missed by everybody.

No comments: