Monday 16 July 2012

SANTA MONICA PARTY AT SHUTTERS FOR GEORGE BLODWELL

Do you notice that when you fall in love, it is not really falling it actually makes everything light, the day becomes beautiful when it is not,
the sun shines when it does not, you feel like running in the rain.  I open the curtains?. It is funny because I could have this everyday, because it is within me. Yet finding somebody that you care about  adds to the joy of living. Although I do not want to have to have someone else's approval to feel good about myself, it definitely helps. I am looking outside onto the sea at Santa Monica. Misty and gloomy in the morning, I jumped out of bed and went for a short bicycle ride along the pier.  The beach was totally spotless and clean, people were working hard making it look magical.  
GEORGE BLODWELL
FILM DIRECTOR PETER MEDAK AND STEPHEN KAMIFUJI DIRECTOR OF GENLUX MAGAZINE
I gave my friend George Blodwell a birthday party on Saturday at Shutters. Some charming people came, Peter Medak; Maya Fiennes who is an incredible Yogi and pianist; Justin Resnick a championship horse rider, Kay Saatchi, Nigel Daly and his beautiful wife, Stephen Kamifuji, director of  Genlux Magazine. I was staying at Shutters which has grown on me. It is sleepy, old fashioned and very American. I arrived and it felt that I was in Bridgehampton. Wooden and pretty. 
I met my good friends Angela Kalinowski the wonderful hair stylist and The brow girl Tonya Crooks. They gave me the all American shine you can only get here.  The  pretty work out look everybody has. It is far from rainy old London. I was asked at customs why I liked America so much and why I came so often?.  If they walked the wet and cold streets of London in July, despite my love for it, they could understand?
Mr and Mrs Nigel Daly, Abigail Slotkin, Kay Saatchi, Amanda Eliasch
I  am leaving Shutters to try out some new hotels.

No comments: