Sunday 22 April 2012

BOYS NEED THEIR WINGS

When I was little I wanted a world with no barriers. I was forever being nagged to death to behave well and not do things . Thank goodness I had my private dreams which nobody had a clue about.  I therefore did not stop my sons from developing theirs.  I have nurtured them.   It is tricky because both want difficult professions and lives.  I remember watching my eldest son jump off rocks at the Hotel du Cap.  They were high,  very dangerous and my son could not swim.  My heart used to work overtime. My son was happy. His face was alive. He was fearless but if he had an accident I would of course been devastated.  He was so very happy.  I had just read The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran who says that "Your children are not your children, they are the sons and daughters of lifes longing for itself.  To have screamed at my son would have therefore undone his. He was learning. He would have learnt what fear was and not gone for his dreams. Of course it was dangerous. We as adults stop our children doing so much. "Be careful, don't do that, be careful... etc" We think protection is important but we just need to give a safety net and their father Johan Eliasch is brave and bold.  I want the boys to follow in his footsteps.. some men are males but not men.

1 comment:

Keira said...

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of post. I am glad that you simply shared with us. Thanks!