Monday 30 April 2012

BAWDY HUMOUR OF ERIC IDLE AND THE RIPPLING MUSCLES OF A STALLION

The days fly by here in sunshine. Glossy sunshine. Yesterday I went to watch my  friend  elite rider Justin Resnik  in a competition in Los Angeles.  There is something so masterful about men who worship and are stallions. They have something special.  It is not about the competition but more about the wild beast that man has tamed. 
MY BOOK ENDS GEORGE BLODWELL AMANDA ELIASCH AND JUSTIN RESNIK
I watched the horses jump, noses flared, muscles hard, clearly enjoying themselves as they were ridden in competition.  I was asked to ride round the Hollywood sign, and did not want to say no.


I then went to see Eric Idle's panto called What about Dick in Downtown Los Angeles. Dick and a piano, the play on words.  Nothing intellectual, all jolly good sport, and thoroughly British. I stuck to the script, I did not rush, I did not fall down, I did not panic. I rose to my well heeled feet and walked calmly to the exit, I hailed a taxi and left my date in the company of his counterfeit dollars. It was half Frankie Howard and half pantomime. With Tracey Ullman screeching, the stunning Sophie Winkleman, Russell Brand and Billy Connolly etc etc you cannot go wrong, or can you?. Totally not politically correct, thank goodness Eric says it all.  I read Eric's piece on Shakespeare in the New Yorker and loved it too. How could anyone dislike the Life of Brian or Monty Python?.  His work and collaborations have made me laugh for thirty years. If you enjoy bawdy British humour with a twist go and see it.

No comments: