Saturday 25 February 2012

MONTBLANC AND MY FACE CHANGE


It has been red carpet week in Los Angeles and I have looked terrible. I just could not get it together.  I was tired and washed out . I did not recognise my face, the skin looked like cottage cheese and I had dark shadows everywhere.  A friend on the internet said to me "you look exhausted"  Sun at my age is out of the question, if I don't get skin cancer I will get leathery skin. If I use a spray tan it somehow looks a little fake on my face.  I do need a holiday that is true, I hate them but need one.  I did two plays back to back, and two exhibitions and moved houses whilst doing the new one up.  I love that frantic pace, the adrenaline of working.  My girl friend, the make up artist,  Tonya Crooks said crisply "Change your make up. I was a little horrified, I have been using Chanel make up for many years and she was suggesting I use La Prairie?  I thought at first it was bullshit.  She suggested I use the Nars oil free pro prime and then put skin caviar concealer foundation, from La Prairie, on afterwards.  Hey presto I looked back to my normal self. All it took was a trip to Saks to feel a million dollars.  Check for yourself. My hair I was worried about too, am I too blonde, is it too curly should I give up?. Tanya said "No, why give up when you have just bought the most incredible house and you are happy?" I suppose sometimes I would like to get the slippers out and curl up with my new book and read some of the poetry by Ezra Pound I have just been sent.  Angela Kalinowski said she will add some highlights when she comes back on Monday and Gia Sinatra set to work or following her careful instructions which she did beautifully. That with my new Karl Lagerfeld collar I felt as if I was game set and match.

AMANDA WEARING A KARL LAGERFELD COLLAR FROM NET A PORTER,
A dress by Emilia Wickstead, Coat by Chanel, Belt from Louis Vuitton, Handbag Marc Jacobs, glasses by Prada. Hair by Gia Sinatra.

ME AND YASSI MAZANDI ARTIST AND WIT
Montblanc's breakfast today to celebrate Princess Grace of Monaco, was set at the Bel Air Hotel, serving Caviar we were all totally spoilt. I saw half of London there. among the guests were filmmaker, Julia Verdin, Pilar Boxford, Lady Victoria Hervey and artist, Yassi Mazandi.
PILAR BOXFORD AND JACK ENGLISH
JULIA VERDIN and JACK ENGLISH

THE PRESS RELEASE

"For the first time, Montblanc showcased the complete Collection Princesse Grace de Monaco, a tribute to the timeless iconic elegance of Princess Grace of Monaco. Regarded as the epitome of classic beauty, this collection features fine and high jewellery as well as writing instruments and timepieces in the Swiss watch-making tradition.  The style and spirit that captivated film audiences around the world during the golden age of Hollywood and made Grace Kelly a subject of adoration, returned to Los Angeles to shine on the red carpet during the Academy Awards."

It had actresses choose pieces that they loved.  It was a perfect setting and timing to put all worlds together.  With perfect manners Ingrid Roosen-Trinks, greeted us at the door.  What a change that is in this mad mad world, where people forget to say thank you.


Here I am making a wish for them.

No comments: