Tuesday 31 January 2012

THE QUEEN OF ECCENTRICS, Tilda Swinton

Last night I went to a great event hosted for Pomellato, in Beverly Hills, whose colourful contemporary jewellery I love. Tilda Swinton is the face of it.
Tilda Swinton, is the year of the Chinese Rat, like me, and without trying she turned up looking ravishing in cream silk pyjamas. She is having to do endless travelling for her film "We need to  talk about Kevin", and clearly looks ready to win almost anything. An edgy disturbing film that I stopped watching when the hamster disappeared down the waste disposal.
Tilda decided long ago to be a movie star and she has succeeded.
I met her and she was able to concentrate on saying hello, a remarkable quality when you are being introduced to hundreds of people. Her alien blue eyes penetrate.


I remember going to her exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery in 1995, run by the imaginative  Julia Peyton Jones, who was once my sister in law, here, Tilda  lay in a glass box, called The big sleep.  Since then she has moved from Indie Film to Hollywood Blockbuster with ease, and artist muse to alien, she is not from this planet.  I admired her in the beautiful film, Orlando by  Sally Potter.
Her individual ideas about love sort of match mine if what you see is true.
There are other wonderful eccentric British Woman, I have often been described as one too, but Tilda reigns as Queen, and I do not mind being one of her subjects.




No comments: