Thursday 8 December 2011

MY TWENTY ONE TOP ARTISTS



1.   TRACEY EMIN
2.   TIM NOBLE AND SUE WEBSTER
3.   POLLY MORGAN
4.   MAT COLLISHAW
5.   DAMIAN HIRST
6.   DUGGIE FIELDS
7.   YASSI MAZANDI
8.   CHRIS LEVINE
9.   MICHAEL CRAIG MARTIN
A portion in Black and White of Duggie Field's painting in Los Angeles
10  VICENZO
11  BABA ANAND
12  PETER BLAKE
13. TIERNEY GEARON
14  MARC QUINN
15  WOLFE VON LENKIEWICZ
16   RUSSELL YOUNG
17   MARK BRAZIER JONES
18   DAPHNE GUINNESS
19   ADAM FUSS
20   BARRY REIGATE
21   LISA BORGNES

What is an artist for me?  Firstly I have to admire their work, then I like to see them multi task, and then I can fall in love. If they can multi task they are in my opinion a true artist. Anybody can draw with a light box directed at a piece of paper so what is really interesting is when people think of different ideas.  For example Daphne Guinness is a style icon but more importantly an artist too, she makes jewellery, scent and encourages people to go further with their ideas.  Damian too does this. Everybody on my list has created a piece of work that I have loved and in most cases I luckily own a piece.  My most favourite piece is my elephant made by Marc Quinn.

No comments: