Thursday 11 August 2011

THE GOGO's LAY A STAR


People enter your life and make a difference, and without Belinda Carlisle, my world would have much less colour.  I met her roughly twenty years ago when I was married. We met at a fame studded dinner on the lawns in the 
South of France at Roger Moore's house. She was seated next door to me and very quiet until she talked about her pugs. We became immediate friends.  Our sons were born the same year and were both eccentric.  They loved The Phantom of the Opera, and  would have articulate conversations about film, royalty and music.  They have not changed.  We would go on adventures to Marrakech, Eygpt and Thailand, once visiting an opium den where a Grandmother lay smoking while she breastfead. We both love Yoga although she is much more diligent than I am.
Today she was standing with her band, The Gogo's laying their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was incredible to see them all looking so happy.  They were one of the first groups to succeed in Punk and were wild and I like to think dangerous. Of course it was a long time ago, but their fans  were there on mass.





No comments: