Wednesday 30 March 2011

AS I LIKE IT, FIRST FEW MOMENTS OF REHEARSAL, 4th-14th July 2011

The day has  come and I now have firm commitment from everyone to do the play.  This is already a miracle.  It is my first play that I have written with Lyall Watson and I want it to be good.  I was nagged to death by my Father to write and so  I am happy it's coming off.  Justine is acting the woman and my son Charles Eliasch, the boy.  He is studying music at Mannes in New York.
Justine Glenton is a pint size pot of energy. She studied drama many moons ago at Mountview School of Drama, I went to the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, amongst many other schools, including RADA, BADA and  a short course with The Moscow Arts Theatre.  One Summer I met Lyall Watson at RADA, and so the romance began with the dreaded world of acting.  I hated it but really loved writing and photography and so I went in this direction, and now have ended up working with Lyall on this play.  It is a play about love, finding love, work, the stupidities of youth and ambition.
Nicky Haslam , my friend has luckily agreed  to  dress the set, and so it should be a very happy team.

The production starts the first two weeks of July, from the 4th - 14th July at the Chelsea Theatre.

Lee Sharrock is doing the press for the art side of things  lee@leesharrock.co.uk
Meena at   meena@meenaakhera.com is doing the other press
Eileen   at eileen@eileenkoch.com  is doing the press in America.

If anybody wants tickets they can be bought at The Chelsea Theatre's box office, which is at Worlds End.

Justine Glenton  Actress
Charles Johan Sebastian Eliasch Actor
Lyall Watson Writer Director
Amanda Eliasch Writer Producer
Nicholas Haslam  Set Design

No comments: