Saturday 19 February 2011

BAFTA's VERSUS LONDON FASHION WEEK


To have the BAFTA's and Fashion Week in the same few days is a bonus for me.  I adore clothes they lift my spirits,  a dash of red lipstick applied by the amusing beauty Emma Obyrn, my hair changed continually by Snowden Hil, trying out new blues by Zaida the nail girl, and a new pair of high heels, can work wonders for my mood.  I equally love culture of all kinds.  You do gooders out there, I have not forgotten the lack of bees or fish so there.  In my opinion you should be able to do both.

DAY ONE AND TWO

The good thing about being under the weather in fashion week is that now with the internet you can view all the the clothes at your leisure.  Of course you don't get the atmosphere of standing in the freezing cold waiting, uncomfortable high heels, the kisses to your friends or catching a glimpse of the next famous face, to be lost in a season or two.  What I get is the view of a boat and a seagull.

Paul Costelloe was easily my favourite yesterday.  It had a 1960's vibe about it with Sonia Rykiel red hair, short A line mini skirts that I love to wear, and tartans.  The English do good wearable clothes for the funky woman, and Paul after all these years always has an item of clothing which grabs my attention. Next season I shall seek out one or two dresses.

Maria Grachvogel has a shop in Sloane Street and sells long dresses that are very flattering, and her show yesterday was full of flowing numbers that she is famous for.

Jena.Theo is partnership, they looked as if they were designing for the Valkyries yesterday.  Long hair the  girls looked powerful and frightening.  Long flowing comfortable clothes to keep you warm. Stylish in muted colours, they strutted down the catwalk briskly meaning country business. What out rabbits.

No comments: