Thursday 27 January 2011

YOGA CHOPIN JACQUELINE DU PRE DEPRESSION AND CHARITY. WITHOUT DEPRESSION THERE IS NO PASSION

I have been doing Yoga now nearly for 37 days.  I am not sure how many actual lessons I have had, but I realise yet again that through the meditation within the exercises, the depression is slipping away and is being replaced by a fitter body and mind.  It is quite remarkable.  Totally efficient.  Yoga has so many positives that I feel like screaming about them from my roof top, so that everybody would try it before they go to a doctor and get a prescription for anti depressants.  I love my favourite yoga teachers Eka and Justine, I have been trying to organise a Skype lesson for a few days now.  I have never taken pills,  but I would hate to be reliant on a pill forever more, or for it to dampen my creativity. Without depression I could not write or take photographs.  It nags me to achieve more, driving me to newer levels of consciousness.  That in turn has introduced me to some incredible people, for instance yesterday my friend Vincenzo DeMaar put my poetry to music, so I was very happy.
Helping anyone else can also be a relief, but make sure that when you do, that they really need and want your unasked for pair of hands.  Too often I have had doors slammed in my face, because the one wanting help then begrudges you once you have put yourself out.
There is so much you can do for major charities, and that is what I intend to do.  I shall also open a pop up shop in London to sell many of my clothes, as there aren't enough hours in the day to wear every single item that I have ever bought. Once sold I shall help the school in Phuket, Thailand, Phuket has been good to us, my friend in Cambodia, The London Symphony Orchestra, British Film Institute and the Woodland Trust.  Maybe I shall set up a trust to pay for Yoga lessons for the depressed to show that it can improve a persons anxiety and misery?.
Listening and learning about classical music, or in fact any music, awakens deep and wonderful things.  Yesterday I was listening to Jacqueline du pre, on You Tube.  I had not thought about her for years.  I watched the passion and love she had whilst playing.  I had forgotten. I got up and started imagining myself playing, I must have looked totally ridiculous, but I had so much fun.
Now back to bed for some much needed sleep.

No comments: