Tuesday 18 May 2010

Cannes Film Festival









































































I am here in the Cabana in Eden Roc on the Cap d'Antibes, alone watching the waves smash against the rocks. It's mesmerising and certainly better than walking up and down the Croisette in Cannes running to some film or other. Yesterday my friend Rushka Bergman, best stylist in the world, turned up with her friends for lunch wearing her Balmain jacket covered with Swarovski crystal beads and her Balenciaga black dress with twelve inch puff sleeves. Her black hair straight to the waist and red lipstick. I asked her where she was going, and she replied" to sunbath darling". I asked her if she wanted to borrow a costume she said "No darling, I am wearing mine" So now its obvious we must dress up at all times.
Last night there was The Finch's party here at the hotel. I love Charles Finch and his adorable wife Sydney. They are great hosts and the world of media was there from Mick Jagger to the head of Google. Finch's Quarterly is a Vanity Publication that Charles loves to own, edited by Nick Foulkes. As yet I have had no time to read it but will sit in the shade later on. Louboutin turned up
with a girl wearing red shoes doing back bends and his dancing girls, Michael White was there and Johnny Pigozzi, Charles has a loyal following which he deserves, when asked what he does he said "I do as little as possible and only what I truly enjoy".
It's a weird type of loneliness being here on your own, I don't know quite what I am doing, but I definitely needed a rest after last week. I think if you are used to doing something, you are used to it, and sometimes I go on automatic and end up doing something which I have thought little about. I am not in the film world, but it hold a fascination to me, probably from my childhood.
Or perhaps like Charles I think I only want to do what I truly enjoy.

No comments: