Tuesday 23 February 2010

ENGLAND HAS REMOVED THE COBWEBS, LONDON FASHION WEEK IS BACK




Gone are the cobwebs of London Fashion Week it's boom boom boom, and the stylish building of Somerset House just enhances the beauty of the clothes. Mario Schwab was so incredibly delicate, and made me feel like zooming round to his atelier to beg for at least two or three items of clothes, the long skirts over shorts, the tight bodices giving you a beautiful figure. Lucky women who know this up and coming genius. Then there was good old Jasper Conran still in the race with his selection of beautiful jewel like dresses, in greens, reds whites and blues. With patent leather on them and cut out pieces of gauze. I really am lucky being able to buy these clothes I am thinking as I sit in the first row with some of the most glamourous women in London. Debbie Von Bismarck, Andrea Delall with her beautiful daughter Charlotte Olympia the shoe designer. Then the mad rush to Matthew Williamson's show, where he seemed to use an excessive amount of fur which was a trifle embarrassing, causing a stir behind me. His designs were more for the pop star up market glamour girl with pots of cash.. I loved some pieces for example a pink coat which I will lust after.
It really is all go go go, with T5M.Com broadcasting live throughout Fashion week. this morning they interviewed me on my views of the fashion world here in London. It was lots of fun being holed up in the Sofitel Hotel just off the Mall.
I arrived just in time to 11 Cadogan Gardens to have a financial lesson from SG Hambros Bank. Surprisingly fun, and then two teas, one with Barbara Orbison who is launching her new scent Pretty Woman. It smelt of danger and petals from rare flowers. I was given three bottles. Then tea with my friends from L'officiel. Tired I then went to Foxtons and fell in love with a flat, and landed up on my bed trying to work and gossip at the same time with Lulu Anderson from The Babington shop. I had a deadline and was pretending not to , plus I was meant to be having fun at the Love Ball.. All too much and my hair still looks great from two nights ago at the BAFTA's which have become equally elegant, I went with the British Film Institute whom I love and adore. The English are definitely getting with it.

2 comments:

Scott Fazzini said...

A.E. -I love your posts so much! They are frenetic and concise... it's like talking to you in person (only, I'm sure, much less exhilarating) Your escapades during London Fashion Week are intoxicating. I'm in LOVE with Mario Schwab, and stoked to see what he's got planed for Halston in the future.

Thanks for being your fabulous self.

post script: You look stunning...as per usual.

Unknown said...

Amanda, I adore that gorgeous Grecian dress! And don't fret about dieting - you look just perfect.

I'll be missing your blog for a couple of weeks, recovering from foot surgery, so no computer unless I crawl up the stairs to the mister's studio. However, God gave us Shakespeare and the Baroque composers for rough patches such as these, and perhaps I'll even get my Venetian lace project finished. So until I can navigate the stairs, I bid you a fond Adieu.