Thursday 30 July 2009

POP UP ART in THE OPERA CRUSH BAR, TAVISTOCK STREET, WC1


One thing makes me vomit and that is reading anything that I have done. I really believe that somebody takes over my body while I write and the last thing I want is to be reminded of it. It is the past, that is how I view it, with feelings, blisters, sores, laughter, smiles, and memories that I would sometimes rather forget. So when Lee Johnson asked me to read my book Cloak and Dagger Butterfly, I wasn't too keen, and after mucking around like some diva I eventually said rather reluctantly okay. I then proceeded to back track and hope it would go away. Of course Lee is rather too efficient to let it slip and so in a daze I arranged some friends to read for me, of course I had my head out the window, in horror. Lee Johnson arranged pop art places around London, and then gets people in by doing performance art, and together with Bakul Patki she puts the exhibition of new artists together.

No comments: