Sunday 17 May 2009

RED CARPET, JACQUES AUDIARD LE PROPHETE, THE AFTER PARTY , AND CHARLES FINCH.




Jacques Audiard, a cool dude Frenchman, has created a wow of a page turner. A film,that is a tiny bit too long and confusing but I sat at the edge of the seat, waiting for the next black eye or stabbing, Of course a boys film. I didn't care but I cared, and everytime I thought I wanted to leave, something gripped me. Held together by its combination of music and debauchery, it nearly runs as an American blockbuster.

The red carpet is intoxicating to walk up, the flashing of light bulbs hitting me, the drinking up of the fame game.
The after party was at a villa at the top of the hill. A casual french affair, although hills and high heels don't go well together. I was hobbling everywhere. The women were a trifle dowdy and except of Elsa Liebenstein, all looked boringly dressed.

Thank goodness the witty Charles Finch took over from where Vanity Fair left off,he tried to lighten the gloom by reinstating glamour almost immediately and showing his Newspaper, Finch's Quarterly Review. Actually I love it. The beautiful women were here of course, and the rich and powerful. There was complaint of the recession, and we all have stories to tell, but all put on a brave face, and I think have enough clothes to look stunning in. Spotted Harvey Weinstein, Ralph Fiennes, Hannah Rothschild, Nicky Haslam, Mick Jagger with his girlfriend.

No comments: