Wednesday 4 February 2009

JOSEPHINE HART. The Truth about love

LITTLE BLACK BOX GALLERY,13a PARK WALK, LONDON SW10
My gallery opening was fun, with friends of Tamara Beckwith's adding a bit of glamour... The photographs all looked great and were carefully chosen, fabulous blue lips,good printing, with beautiful framing . The gallery was opened recently by Tamara and Lindsey Carlos-Clarke, wife of Bob, who sadly killed himself.  Bob was a photographer and an incredible printer. 

TRUTH ABOUT LOVE
Afterwards, I went to Josephine Hart's book launch, which was full of worthy intellectual, politicians, spin doctors, Alan Yentob - he looked good, and brown - plus loads of ex-newspaper editors, except for Geordie Greig, that is.  Geordie now has a paper of his own to edit, as he should. Tatler will be losing me to the Evening Standard, as I am his biggest fan. He's funny, witty and likes Trolloppe. This  makes Geordie  even more exciting to sit next to.  I coudn't wait to rush home and read Josephine's book.  My favourite so far has been Damage, later made into a film by Louis Malle. I used to highlight her best lines in green.  This book like The Reader seriously touched me.  Josephine has wonderful energy and has evenings at The London Library devoted to Poetry, which are open to the public.

No comments: