Monday 3 June 2013

You should not be just pretty, you should be interesting

 I was nagged that I had a big ego because I wanted to be liked by everybody, loved and adored. I had never thought it was my ego, before, I just thought it was a more interesting way to be, than the reverse, but of course it causes the reverse.

I like the fact I was questioned on it. We do have 24 characteristic and use about four of them. I think this is why I did my film The gun, the cake and the butterfly, to show we can be diverse. Of course I was told at Drama School that my shining self would get everywhere and well the opposite I should pretend I did not have.  I can be very difficult.
I love Scott Fitzgerald.
Funny lines.
I had somehow forgotten.
"That's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool" The Great Gatsby, Scott Fitzgerald.
Another great line is
"And I like large parties, They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy" F Scott Fitzgerald again, The Great Gatsby.
In the beginning I thought the film, unlike the book was a big yawn, extravagant and boring then suddenly the fake changed, it became meaningful. I thought give this film a chance. It actually leaves you thinking a great deal.
So with the book in my brain and the film, I went last week end to listen to
Beyonce and Madonna talk and sing at Chimes for Change at Twickenham. A charity started by Gucci to help all girls and women everywhere become better educated. That way they help children have better lives. Gucci were very generous and it was a very moving day.








No comments: