Wednesday 19 June 2013

IT LOOKS LIKE A GREEN PLANT IS GOING

Every pleb has a camera nowadays, so why are two intelligent people outside one of the most famous restaurants in the world?  Why do they decide to have a domestic?  Provoking a drama? You have to break a lot of eggs to make a very ordinary omelette. Food for thought?  Why is the man not facing the camera, why is the woman only photographed? I am disappointed, it is a shame that everybody cannot get on. It looks like a green plant is growing.




I am learning to go bravely barefaced again for a change. For eight years I have walked around very painted and dolled up usually at the request of my sons who complain if I have one grey hair showing.
If I stay in bed all day they start to nag. Sometimes I love to be horizontal. No chance here in New York.

New York has been busy. One of the most enormous challenges has been to show my film. I love small  teams and I like working together with people.  I had not seen it for one whole month.  I wanted to separate from it and see. It looked good in Soho House in Los Angeles so how would it look in New York for the NYCIFF? I am so honoured to be included in this Festival. Robert Rizzo looked at 3,000 films and chose 120 so I am thrilled. The Tribeca Cinema is very NY, but with heart and the dinner at Preserve 24. with original quirky pieces of art is definitely worth a having dinner in.  The film was  full and I was a little nervous and it is definitely a unique piece.  Poetry, one woman, and depression is an awful subject but I think it's eccentricity is interesting as it reaches your soul. It seems to have a life of its own.  i

I also managed to see a wonderful musical at the Public Theatre called Venice. Based on a Shakespeare plays, Othello, it was exhilarating. The dancing and timing were totally perfect. At The  Public Theatre. If you want to see a new musical go see this one.
Afterwards we had a perfect dinner at the Po Restaurant in Cornelia Street. Delicious end of a perfect evening.

No comments: