Tuesday 21 May 2013

CHOPARD and GUNSHOTS, CANNES IS NEVER DULL


What a week I have had, I was determined to walk the streets like some impoverished artist hawking her wares. To feel the hard graft at the root of the Festival of Cannes. There is something about work that is infinitely more interesting than having somebody do a favour for you. I like to be free of advice and learn on my feet. It is not easy to sell a film, otherwise every little mammal would do it. It does not mean it is impossible, just a tricky and very uneasy road.
All beliefs are possible provided you want them.
AMANDA ELIASCH CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
I saw the gun shots outside Chopard, policeman running in all directions, people listening to music. I have had lunch at the Hotel du Cap with Alice Bamford, the most delicious one, where her rose wine is chilled to perfection.  I have been on a luxurious boat with  some Russian family, I have been to Diane PernetsASVOFF short film evening with Magnum ice-cream, entertained by American Express and had laughter with artist and LA Head of BAFTA, Nigel Daly.  Also a wonderful lunch with the BFI where I sat with Marc Cousins and talked about romance. Had my make up done by Emma O'byrne fitted in between her hugely rich clients, laughed all night, and seen a couple of films with the BFI.  Listened and taken advice from my wonderful friend Ron Rotholz.  From walking the streets life feels truly alive and vital.

No comments: