Saturday 2 March 2013

A LITTLE NEW ART AND FLU DRUGS

Home sweet home with flu and feeling totally drugged up with over the counter medicine. It is amazing what you can take that knocks you out. I am totally addicted to Sinex and Vicks Vapo Rub.  
After a whirlwind trip to Hollywood and being swept off my feet, I am now safely at home and down to earth.  I used to be able to travel to Beverly Hills, meet my lover and come back in the same day, now I feel dizzy with a four day excursion.  I was truly spoilt by my good friend Kay Saatchi, who must be one of the best hostesses on the planet.  She has a wonderful little house on her estate in the hills of Los Angeles. Fully equipped with everything you could possibly need. 
Last night I went to a new art show, Art 13 at Olympia. Lots of pieces caught my eye. It was refreshing to see so many talented artists that I did not know.  The street names of London were off the menu and replaced by different Galleries.  This was exciting. I am a little bored of the huge brands attached to art, and as I have said before, once they are backed by banks, a little of the magic goes up in smoke.  Anyway I fell in love with a gun and a butterfly, and some light pieces at Patrick Heide Contemporary Art. Of course Pearl Lam had some incredible pieces too, a tunnel of paper with a long line of people waiting to see it.
MY FIRST POSTER FOR MY FILM
I am meant to be jumping a train to Paris tomorrow depending on how well I am to see some fashion shows.  Lanvin looks incredible, but what on earth has happened to Balmain? Should I tell the truth or remain silent? As for my beloved Balenciega? Well time will tell all. I am in love though with my Alexander Wang Glasses that I live in.

No comments: