Tuesday 12 February 2013

HELLS BELLS NEW YORK FASHION WEEK

JASON WU
With the BAFTA's and the snow, whilst editing my film, I could not make New York Fashion Week, but thanks to Style. Com and various other on line critics I have formed an opinion.  Thank goodness for the fantasy eyes of Tom Browne and the wearable clothes from Jason Wu, and the colour of Betsey Johnson.  I am a lover of Marc Jacobs but I will not be rushing around to his atelier next season if the store is as grown up as the runway.  A few seasons ago I went into the shops buying up everything I could. He is indeed brilliant, but for 2013 he is showing the clothes I should be wearing, and not the clothes I want to wear.  I think he is thinking about his clientele, the up market New Yorkers with tons of cash, and not me in London. However on the positive side of things I seriously loved Jason Wu's collection, I shall wear it too. There is nothing like white collars in any case for me as you know.
JASON WU

Tom Browne clearly has character, and whilst I may only buy a jacket, the whole look is theatrical and full of imagination. Nipped in waists, huge shoulders, white tights with roses on them, and hair high. Love it.
FANTASY WITH TOM BROWNE


ANH DUONG IN DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
How could anybody not smile when you look at Betsy Johnson's clothes. They make me happy.  Brightly coloured with pigtails, cheerful smiles and you feel as if your are in your children's teenage treasure chest. I love that.
BETSY JOHNSON
GO FOR IT BETSY JOHNSON

After so many years being famous for a 'dress', Diane Von Furstenberg  is still on the up and up, making sure that up market girls stay stylish, glamorous and comfortable. These dresses are not necessarily in my wardrobe but they are hanging in everybody else's. I am just a person who likes to be uncomfortable and live in structure. However if it is good enough for Anh Duong and Yi Zhou, then it is worth a trip to Furstenberg's many glamorous shops all over the world.
YI ZHOU AND ANH DUONG in DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
Some favourite possible looks 
GALLIANO ATTRACTION AT OSCAR DE LA RENTA
VERA WANG
Fall 2013

No comments: