Thursday 7 February 2013

BEAUTY ALL DAY LONG, RED CARPET GLAMOUR FOR THE OSCARS AND BAFTAS

ALICE EVANS AND CHARLES WORTHINGTON
With BAFTA upon us it feels like yesterday that The Artist was the flavour of the month. I went to look for dresses but was pleased when the girl in Vivienne Westwood's shop told me I looked better in the one I bought last year.  No matter what, the back of your wardrobe, is an exciting place to go.  I went home and found several wonderful surprises in plastic bags,  in fact I am now a happy bunny. Sometimes it is easy to forget the most obvious.
In any case, hair, is for the me the most fun, I love to change every few weeks, I like to be inspired. My favourite hairdresser is Snowden Hill who works with me to create new looks all the time. There are others too, that I love and adore, especially Charles Worthington. Famous for his Red Carpet Glamour and his Salon Home range of products. He likes to create timeless elegant styles. I remember watching him change Tracey Emin  from artist to glamorous starlet.  Charles gave a product party with his favourite girl at the moment,  the very gorgeous and charming Alice Eve, daughter of Trevor, in the Grosvenor Bar at the Savoy Hotel. A delicious tea party with good company. I sat with the very amusing and intuitive, Marilyn Heston who thinks of new ideas all the time.

THESE WERE MADE BY 12 YEAR OLDS UNDER SUPERB TUITION
Time goes at a gallop. I went afterwards to see Jack and Charlie's old school Sussex House. It was their art show. My goodness there was so much talent there. It is so very good to be British in this wonderful old world school, which has the most incredible Headmaster ever, Mr Nicholas Kaye. It makes me want to go back to school with him teaching me. If I had had him I would be ruling the world. Their art class makes St Martin's look poor and badly taught. Mr Kaye has the art of bringing the best out in boys. He taught Charlie and Jack and they both say he was the finest teacher they ever had.





With art on the brain I luckily had a private view of Mat Collishaw's new work. Ravishingly painted cigarette covers with stiletto  heels in one, a rose in another. I wanted them all but will have to marry a rich man to afford the canvass and wall space to carry them.  I am still in love with the series Mat did about burning roses. I also love his series of Last Suppers for people on Death Row.  Haunting and interesting, their simplicity incomparable. He photographs it with beauty that is difficult to capture.

I get however more physical pleasure in playing with my hair and a lover or two, but art has depth and meaning, so I shall weigh it all up in a day or two.

No comments: