Sunday 24 February 2013

2013 FROCK OSCARS

It is the year of all years in movies, Lincoln, Argo, Anna Karenina, Looper, Skyfall, and so many more. Also a  year where fashion never looked better. Kaufman Franco, Mui Mui, Roland Mouret, Alexander Mcqueen, are just few of the designers hitting the 500 foot of red carpet.  Amanda Segfried looked ravishing in dusky pink Mcqueen. With so many well dressed women this year, it is difficult to choose who was the best dressed, everywhere I looked another dress looked more dashing. 
I am looking forward to Elton John's after party this year. I like the idea of watching the awards from the privacy of my room and getting up in an hour or so for hair and make up. I had a lovely afternoon in a friends garden sunbathing.  It is a whole production getting myself ready. 
THERON IN CHRISTIAN DIOR


NAOMI WATTS ARMANI PRIVEE
JESSICA CHASTAIN IN ARMANI PRIVEE
The stars clearly got inspiration from previous stars. Gilda, the glove scene, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor.  Costume designers were a genius.  I love the old Hollywood glamour of Edith Head.  Marlene Dietrich. Audrey Hepburn all created the look of the red carpet today.  Jennifer Lawrence was incredible in Couture Dior, nominee of Silver Lining. Naomi Watts looked spectacular.  Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain.  Seriously well dressed this year.
Charlize Theron dancing beautiful in pink chiffon was beautiful and Daniel Radcliffe too. I prefer the men.. Eddie Redmayne sang and  sounded incredible.

No comments: