Thursday 21 June 2012

ASCOT AND HIGH HEELS, HAVOC IN THE WARDROBE

TRUE ELEGANCE WAS IN THE BAMFORD BOX
ALICE BAMFORD AND AMANDA ELIASCH WITH THE WONDERFUL PHILIP TREACY HAT, HAIR BY SNOWDEN HILL, MAKEUP BY EMMA OBYRNE
EMMA OBYRNE IN A TAMASZ STARZEVSKI DRESS WITH A VICTORIA GRANT HAT, MAKE UP ARTIST,  QUEEN OF RACING WITH ALICE BAMFORD WHOSE BOX WAS THE ONLY PLACE TO SEE PROPER STYLE
MY OLD FRIEND ROSE PRINCE NEE JEFFREYS IN PINK
BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS BY LADY BAMFORD
THE OWNERS AND TRAINERS  IN THE PARADE RING WHERE YOU COULD STILL SEE HINTS OF GLAMOUR
This morning my bedroom and life was in turmoil. I was re dressing my girlfriend Emma, with the dress from Tomasz Starzewski that I was going to wear to Ascot tomorrow.  Flowers on your bottom and storms do not go together, neither do cream dresses and high heels. Equally looking as if your great Aunt has died would not be appropriate either.  Hopefully my pal will return the dress with no grass stains.  At the back of my mind I have thought about what  I too should wear for Ascot?.  School open days, garden parties, the Chelsea Flower Show, create havoc and I have  wars with my 64 foot wardrobe.  I only like black, so anything with colour fills me with horror.  I also like to wear underwear as outer wear.  My idea of complete hell is to wear a yellow dress that a friend of mine had from Emilia Wickstead.  I adore Emilia's simple designs, but loathe anything  flowery.  I really do not want to look like the windows of a flower shop, however pretty.
I am wearing my spanx. I love them. and wear them under everything. Today they are worn with corset from Chantelle Thomas. An amazing hat from Phillip Treacy with black lace over cream, diamante broaches and net beautifully cut out and a plain lace jacket from Marios Schwab. Fortunately nothing breaks the tough dress rules of The Ascot Office. 
My bedroom is now back to normal, calm and I am surrendering to the idea of high heels, grass and ready to bet, which is one of my  favourite occupations.



No comments: