Sunday 6 May 2012

PHILLIP TREACY, DESIGNER OF THE YEAR AND THE HISTORY OF A HAT MADE FOR A VICTOR AND ROLF SHOW AND ONCE OWNED BY ISABELLA BLOW

I was given this hat of Phillip Treacy's by Isabella Blow about 6 years ago in the South of France when she came to stay with her husband Detmar. Yesterday Phillip won Designer of the Year at Brit Week, and a fashion show at the new, divine Christopher Guy Furniture showroom, with a bright blue convertible Jaguar outside, in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. They were sponsoring Brit Week, the brainchild of Bob Peirce.  I love Phillip's hats and I was first taken to meet him with the late Issy Blow who was his greatest friend, fashion icon and muse.  Both he and Alexander Mcqueen loved her. Since then I have collected about twenty of his hats. When I saw Phillip and his boyfriend Stefan I felt like I was home. I was happy to wear the ravishing eccentric hat that she had given me.  Issy in fact was the person who demanded I dye my hair platinum blonde and become and English Marilyn Monroe.  I was actually horrified. She organised a shoot with me for Tatler Magazine with photographs taken by Tim Noble and Sue Webster, with huge penis on the wall in some derelict building.  My ex husband complained. Why I mention her is that she was a part of all of us one way or another, and yesterday I was pleased I could honour her by wearing her hat. I am sure she would laugh and tease me, and say it was all wrong.
Issy had worn it at my old house which  now belongs to my ex husband, Maison du Cap in Ramatuelle. Issy gave it to me saying "This is for you Amanda, look after it as I will probably lose it"   The house once belonged to Eddie Barclay the famous French record producer. The hat is an incredible piece of work that was made for a Victor and Rolf show.

AMANDA ELIASCH IN THE PHILLIP TREACY HAT MADE FOR THE VICTOR AND ROLF SHOW
GEORGE BLODWELL

JEAN THOMPSON KASEM FROM THE TELEVISION SHOW CHEERS AND GEORGE BLODWELL. I LOVE THE RING

CHRISTOPHER GUY, PHILLIP TREACY AND MARTYN LAWRENCE  BULLARD





PHILLIP TREACY

BOB PIERCE THE GENIUS BEHIND BRIT WEEK AND GEORGE BLODWELL AND BUN BUN
CHRISTOPHER GUY AND PHILLIP TREACY
SHARON PIERCE AND AMANDA ELIASCH


ISABELLA BLOW AND AMANDA ELIASCH AT CHESTER SQUARE 2004

No comments: