Sunday 4 March 2012

LUNCH WITH MICHELE LAMY of RICK OWENS AND GARETH PUGH

THE VERY TALENTED GARETH PUGH
EDITOR OF HIGH50 TIM WILLIS

MICHELE LAMY BY STEVEN KLEIN from RICK OWENS

Surprises are always around to corner, and if you open your eyes it is a whole lot happier.  I was just about to squash my luggage together and leave early when I had an invitation for lunch with Rick Owens and Michele Lamy. 
 I love Michele and wear Rick Owens clothes, the most in Los Angeles where the layered look is most useful.  One minute it is boiling and the next minute freezing.  So Tim Willis, of High50, and I are  huge fans.  Their show the other day reminded me of midnight burglars and loved the imagination of the woolly hat with long flowing robes.  Clever, useful and somewhere between glamorous and funk, there is no one on the planet who carries off tattoos and chunky rings more than Michele.  We had fun eating amongst their atelier, leather, patterns, pelts, mood boards, long benches beautiful cutlery eating cous cous..  It was very much a loving family affair similar to Azzedine Alaia's wonderful warehouse in the La Marais.
I had the pleasure to be sitting with Gareth Pugh who when I said to him "I thought you lived on the moon" he wittily replied Sunderland was not far from it.  Charming and funny I love his clothes too. He was fresh from his show. He never discussed his feelings of religion although they were in view for us all to see once the petals had dropped. 

WEARING A CHANEL COAT, HAT BY VICTORIA GRANT, BOOTS BY ROBERT CLERGERIE, DRESS BY LES ECOLES DES FEMMES, HANDBAG MARC JACOBS
After an entertaining lunch we went back back stage to check out both collections, and were shown the show rooms of clothes ready for orders.  Wonderful swinging coats and jackets, tailored elegant.  The show did Gareth justice, his shapes, ideas are flattering, wearable, with a splash of panache.  On top of that we all had fun. What a happy afternoon and the better way to see the shows.
For me it is end of fashion week in Paris, back to see my sons.

No comments: