Saturday 18 February 2012

WITH SOPHIA, PINTO AND RISEBOROUGH, MARNI FOR H&M CAN'T GO WRONG

Marni for H&M gave the best party in Los Angeles last night, right timing too, just before the Oscars next week.  The ravishing clothes will be bought immediately they enter their stores, chunky necklaces and shoes, lots of red, funky designs, the girls will look totally modern.  The party was given in the lantern lit gardens of a house once owned by John Sowden, a photographer and artist, who asked his great friend Frank Loyd Wright to build it in Franklin Avenue.  Candles and the smell of freesias as we entered the house smelt delicious.  The food too was good, tiny pieces of pizza with exotic toppings, chicken marsala on minute pieces of bread, rare cheeses from forgotten places.  Totally beautifully done and organised by the brilliant Karla Otto.
A wonderful invitation.  As usual I was early, I like to see the guests arrive. It finished off with the sounds of Bryan Ferry, so what could be better? The very generous event was hosted by Marni’s Founder and Creative Director, Consuelo Castiglioni, the Director of the Marni at H&M campaign, Sofia Coppola and Margareta van den Bosch, H&M´s Creative Advisor. As well as Drew, Winona and Milla, other guests arriving at the party dressed in Marni at H&M included Jessica Chastain, Freida Pinto and Andrea Riseborough. The collection will be available from March 8 in around 260 stores worldwide, as well as on-line. 
SOPHIA COPPOLA
MILLA
ANDREA
 BRYAN FERRY
 Gorgeous girls from around the world, Los Angeles, Italy, France and Sweden were speaking to each other, and the love of their languages made me think it is time to make an effort and live in Paris for a few months and to also sell my apartment there, which was the artist studio of Tamara de Lempicka,  I love it but hardly use any more.  I had such plans for it, but my dreams did not materialise for many reasons.  I have to face it I was born English and not French.  Hard on my soul..  I have adoration for their literature, panache and architecture.

No comments: